Saturday, September 09, 2006

Joey and Scrubs all the way!!

Ok..now what did he say?? I thought that meant something else!! What the f*** is going on?? These are some of my typical reactions when I watch some of the french movies out here, in my cosy room (which by the way is becoming too cosy..getting up in the morning is an ordeal!!) The point is there is little else on offer and with me being unable to access the internet on my comp for now (sounds weird in this day and age), I can't even download any life-saving subtitles. For the uninitiated, that's what I did in Nantes and it is not the most convenient way, but manageable nevertheless. I did manage to find Saw 2 in english (yippee) but that is one movie noone would want to relive (I freaked out again on the first scene). Luckily, in that time of utter desperation and about-to-break-something mood, I found the first season of Joey (follow up to Friends with Joey alone...check out his hot sister) and one of my favorites, Scrubs (three seasons at that). There were also a couple of seasons of Desperate Housewives, but hey I am not that desperate!! (no offence to the creators). So, there you have it..you know the secret to what I do 85 % of the time in my room...the other 15 is to bizarre to mention...I wouldn't like to break some censorship policies. So what will I do once I am over with these two...well...God knows!! There is always the eternal backup of youtube.com with anything under the sky being available, but the videos have a time limit of 10 mins each and the quality borders on the irritable limit.
If you think that I am a movie or sitcom freak all the way, you would have been right two years ago. Living without music is equally difficult!! Over the past two years, I have developed a huge liking for genres of music I never knew of - techno, trance, house, electronica, rock, metal etcetra etcetra..Well to be accurate, I did know of rock and metal stuff earlier but was repulsed by the ear-shattering decibel levels and the crazy looking people who made up the bands. My earlier music diet consisted of whatever was shown on MTV or [V] and was a continuous parade of pop. (Thank you college and random internet sites for opening my eyes, and ears also!) To listen to new stuff, I usually access some Internet radio site, like Yahoo Launchcast, Winamp, AOL etc....free usage is definitely not top of the line, but refreshing anyways!! But, what do you know, even thats not accessible right now! Damn the college lan firewall!! Will have to wait till the sem starts to configure something on my comp, when internet (alongwith it life) restarts. Till then it is the same old, overheard music that is sitting on my hard drive and iPod. So don't be surprised if I know the lyrics of a lot of songs at once! Thankfully there is a hindi music radio player that I can access in the internet room, which keeps me from pulling out whatever is left of my hair (short right now and anyways falling off like autumn leaves, guess the water here is too clean!!).
Till then, cheers to Joey, Scrubs and whatever else I can grab my mouse on (pardon the weird alteration).
PS : If anyone is even a wee-bit sympathetic, don't just leave your comments, send me some good music files via my google id...and kurt cobain (wherever he is) will bless you with a 'rocking' life.

No comments: